logo
 
?

казино вайт клуб

In April 1948, The Greenbrier re-opened to great fanfare following its use as a WWII army hospital and subsequent remodeling and redecoration.

During a week of extravangent parties attended by notable personalities including the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Bing Crosby, John F.

Kennedy and three of his sisters, the property unveiled for the first time its now signature Dorothy Draper decor as well as now legendary Old White Club.

In 1970, Carleton Varney oversaw a major expansion and redecoration of the space dominated by ten spectacular custom chandeliers.

After the Old White Club closed in 2007 those ten chandeliers were put into storage until 2010 when they re-emerged in the Casino Club at The Greenbrier.

Today, guests can enjoy the traditions begun in the Old White Club in 42 Below!

Were a Greenbrier tradition performing nightly in The Old White Club.

The group was founded in New York City in 1946 by four ex-GI’s - Mike Powers, Chuck Bills, Bill Sloane, and Bill Walz - and was featured on the Paul Whiteman and Arthur Godfrey television shows.

Popular at many major hotels, The musicians were tremendous and well-known.

Founder Bill Walz was a fine bassist, vocalist, arranger and composer; Kenny Martin was a superior trombonist and vocalist who sang with Tommy Dorsey and Jimmy Dorsey.

The group continually updated material to keep up with the times and never lost their standards of tone, pitch, and good listening for four generations of fans.

In 1988, the group retired leaving behind many wonderful memories.